ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AND HEALING TURMERIC GUMMIES (PALEO, AIP)
This recipe is 100% compliant with the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol.
Author: Sophie Van Tiggelen
Recipe type: Healing food
Cuisine: Paleo Autoimmune Protocol
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional – see note below)
- 4 tablespoons unflavored gelatin powder
- I use a 9″ x 6″ ( or 2 quarts) Pyrex dish for this recipe.
- In a saucepan, combine water, turmeric, honey, and coconut oil. Heat on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Check sweetness and adjust to taste.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle gelatin powder over warm liquid.
- Whisk vigorously for about 1 minute, ensuring gelatin powder is completely dissolved.
- Pour into a dish and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until gelatin is firm and you can cut it into small portions with a knife.
- Store in an airtight container. Will keep up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
The coconut oil is optional in this recipe. It is used to enhance the absorption of the turmeric powder but may create a thin white layer on the surface of the gummies. Skip the coconut oil if you prefer your gummies as shown in the picture!