100 ml olive oil
4 chicken thigh fillets (free range, skin removed)
1/2 kg green prawns (more if you like prawns)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp chilli powder
100 ml sherry
250 g chorizo sausages, sliced
3 green chillis, seeded and chopped
2 red onions, chopped
salt and pepper
2 red capsicums, roasted in 200 C for 25 min, then peeled and chopped
350 g Arborio rice
1.5 l chicken stock
1/2 cup frozen peas
handful coriander leaves
handful mint leaves
2 limes, in wedges
1. Fry the chicken for about 4 min in 50 ml of the olive oil before adding prawns, half the paprika (smoked and sweet) and chilli, then stir fry for 1 min. Add sherry, stir well and transfer mixture to a bowl for later.
2. Heat remaining olive oil (medium heat), cook chorizos for 2 min, add the green chilli, garlic, onion and cook for 6 min. Stir in the remaining paprika and chilli powder and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the roasted capsicum and rice and stir for 4 min, then add the stock and stir well.
4. Simmer over low heat until the rice is soft, then return the chicken/prawn mixture, the frozen peas and maybe a little extra stock if needed.
5. Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 min, then rest (covered) for 5 min.
6. Serve with coriander, lime wedges and mint leaves.